Monday, November 1, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Take thy spade, it is thy pencil;
Take thy seeds, thy plants,
They are thy colours.
~William Mason, "The English Garden," 1782

Happy fall, my friends! It's that time of year in Florida when we get a break (however small) from the oppressive heat. And it always makes me feel a little spunky. Ready to tackle those projects I've been putting off!

For instance, my mother-in-law had been after me to paint a small mural in her house. So we decided on a few rows of dainty reeds and swaying cat tails for the vanity area in her master bathroom. She has a serene blue and beige color scheme going on in there, so I set that off with brown, beige, white and slate blue.
Here's the result!

And a little more detail ...

She says it reminds her of a little garden of weeds. Le Jardin de Weeds. So long as they aren't choking out my real flowers beds, that's fine with me!

Hope the cooler weather is inspiring you to do something fresh and fun!


See you next time, domestic divas!

No comments:

Post a Comment