Friday, July 16, 2010

Athletic Art

Life is about timing. ~ Carl Lewis The time had come for a bonafide big boy room. Some good buddies of ours set out to transform their little boy's nautical nursery into a sports sanctuary.

They already had this cute bedding set from Pottery Barn Kids, so I made them some mixed media canvases to coordinate and jazz up the walls. I loved the red, blue and green color scheme and used that as a jumping off place. Then I asked Will to name his three favorite sports, which turned out to be football, basketball and soccer.

I painted designs such as football field markings, a soccer ball and the sketch of a dribbling basketball player onto the 24" canvases.
Next I poked around online and found some vintage photographs and shots of the family's favorite athletes. Then I decoupaged the photos, as well as sporty stuff like tickets and numbers over the paint. Finally, I used distress ink to give everything an vintage look.

For one of the designs, I borrowed from Land of Nod wall art, which, I would like to add are mass produced and cost $119 each. Mine are hand painted and customized to your colors, bedding and favorite teams. Oh, and I'd only charge $50-$75 each.

Soooo ... want some customized art to accessorize your child's room? I'm at your service, sports fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment