Monday, March 15, 2010

I think that I shall never see, a poem as lovely as a whimsical tree

"The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness."
~ John Muir

My friends Doug and Durell are doing a nature-themed nursery for their baby girl, who is due in May. I heart this idea big time (something different!) and was super excited when they asked me to paint a whimsical tree on one of the walls.
Trees make me feel so peaceful and comforted by the continuity of nature. What a perfect image for their sweet baby to see each day! And since I just finished painting a stylized willow in our bedroom (more on that later), it wasn't really like I was branching out! (so lame ... sorry)
Anyway, I started with a light blue wall and a picture Durell found on a blog. She plans to put a comfy white chair in the corner next to the tree. And to finish out the rest of the room, she's using etchings and art they've collected over the years, and accessories like a sweet little shabby chic floor lamp with branches and birds. Talk about natural beauty!
Congrats to D&D and here's hoping their little pixie sleeps well under her very own tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment